This is why working mums need to balance their time through an effective Time management strategy. With proper time management, you can do well in your work as well as enjoy your family life and be there for your children and your partner when they need you. Here are 8 tips to let you achieve this win-win status.
- Prioritize- Have weekly to-do list for your tasks at work & home.
- Focus - Pay attention on the task at hand. You will find that the quality and efficiency will help you to complete your tasks with time to spare.
- Organize – Arrange your work place & home in a manner that will help you to save time.
- Leverage certain tasks - Leveraging other people’s time allows a working mom to complete multiple tasks at once. For instance if your child has classes or after school activities, you can enlist the help of another parent. Taking turns with car pooling on different days of the week can save time.
- Involve your children- spend quality time with them by getting them to help you out in your daily house work.
- Make lists - grocery shopping lists & 7 day Meal plans which eliminate the many trips to the grocery supermarket.
- Wake up early - early morning hours are stress free and without the children to distract you. You will realize how relaxed you feel, having attended to your emails and other pressing tasks in these early hours.
- Combine work & play - Make work enjoyable by including your family in it when possible.
Flitting between mother role, care giver, business woman and a loving partner needs multi-tasking skills. While attending to all these, don’t forget to set aside some “me time” to take care of your own self. Women need some time for relaxing and engage in stress free socializing. It could simply be to catch up with an old friend or to relax over a book. A spa treatment may prove a rare luxury but all these are well deserved by working women who juggle many responsibilities of motherhood and partnerships. So, put your best time management skills to practice and focus on balance by taking a bigger bite out of life.
If you would like some help with creating some really great and long-lasting self-care strategies, why don't you get in touch with me. Let's see how we can close the gap between your feeling of overwhelm and your moment of 'AAhhhhh I have done it, everything is running well and smoothly.
Let me know what your management strategy is and where you think it should be. Simply post a comment below.
Much love and keep shining your light,